The Department of Training, Development and Community Service (DTDCS), and its subsidiary units and centers in all of the eight branches of AOU, do work on investing being part of The “Arab Open University (AOU) to provide various training, consultations and developmental services, where (DTDCS) is generally specialized in achieving training and developmental objectives related to the achievement of the AOU strategic goals, and, hence; designing and implementing the related training programs that most fit the various needs of AOU and different Arab societies.
The (DTDCS) draws its vision and mission from those of AOU in developing and spreading knowledge, and building expertise according to international quality standards, regardless of time and geography barriers, aiming at contributing to the appropriate preparation of Human Resources necessary for continuing development and growth, that eventually lead to the building of the society of science and knowledge in Arab countries.
Major Tasks and Duties of (DTDCS):
In order to able to achieve its objectives, (DTDCS) is particularly responsible for, and working on, the achievement of the
1. Preparing and Suggesting various policies and guides organizing the training sector in AOU.
2. Conducting various Training Needs Analysis (TNA) for AOU academic and non-academic staff, as well as for its students,
so as to increase the related job knowledge and skills.
3. Communicating and collaborating with various organizations to share job related problems, needs, plans and various
projects, seeking providing professional assistance in terms of proper consultations.
4. Building productive partnerships with other Open Universities and specialized Institutes in order to develop and improve
AOU’s capabilities in community service and continuing education, and to be enable AOU keeping up with related new
aspects, especially those help in qualifying professional trainers in various fields among academic and non-academic staff
through Train Of Trainers (TOT) programs.
5. Focusing on training teachers over all educational levels, especially the early childhood level.
6. Concerning for Arab women in general, and conducting training programs and workshops of their concern, and
encouraging them for effective participation in the growth of their societies.
- Next >>