The learning approach implemented at Arab Open University is blended learning, that is combining traditional learning with online learning.
At AOU 25% of the learning is by attending lectures and learning from the teachers experience and knowledge. And 75% is independent learning and self-pace during the semester.
You will have to learn to use all your skills and technologies provided for you to learn.
In this respect, Learning Management System called Arab Campus E-learning System (LMS) has been developed at AOU Bahrain to facilitate your learning process through its virtual environment.
LMS is not a place where the student can find materials related to the courses only; it’s an environment where the user can:
· Communicate with any party of the University through “Messages”.
· Share knowledge in Forums (AOU Forum).
· Watch AOU recorded courses
· Find academic calendar
· View university announcements
· Download forms
LMS is providing a space for examination center includes:
· Midterm & final exams schedule
· Appeal Result
· Exam excuses results
· Honor list
As well as the educational part which is “My courses” contains:
· All the academic materials
· Course calendar
· Contact your teacher section
· Communication Tools ( forums & online chat rooms )
· Tutors File
· Grades Section
· Useful external resources