The Arab Open University (AOU) invites applications for the post of LMS Administer. The candidate will report directly to Vice president of Planning & Development. This vacancy is full time job under a one-year renewable contract at AOU – HQ in Kuwait.
- Lead the development, maintenance, and enforcement of processes and practices related to the use and administration of the university LMS.
- Perform administrative and configuration functions in LMS to support the university-wide learning practices.
- Serve as a quality assurance agent for LMS system to improve the learning experience for students.
- Develop policies and standard operating procedures in LMS and communicate it to LMS admins in the branches to achieve compliance and governance.
- Collaborate with LMS admins in the branches to make sure the system runs without errors.
- Perform system troubleshooting, debugging and maintenance activities to make sure the system is healthy and its performance is acceptable and predictable.
- Ensure timely access of academics and learners to the LMS courses and material.
- Respond timely to the LMS ticketing system for error identification and resolution and participate in creating a knowledge base and FAQs to reduce help desk requests and tickets.
- Monitor and maintain the online exam System and the centralized course content System (CLMS).
- Participate in evaluating, testing and selection of new educational technology tools and platforms in coordination with the instructional design and academic staff.
- Create and manage the overall course structure based on specifications from the instructional designer and academic leaders and provide technical support to convert curricula into the agreed upon e-learning platforms.
- Maintain a standardized layout for courses in the CLMS and promote a consistent look and feel for all sites in LMS to endorse the university brand.
- Keep track of uploaded courses and materials within the CLMS and ensure the material currency by coordination with the academic leaders.
- Develop scripts and plugins to satisfy the university business needs, especially those related to integration between SIS and LMS and custom reporting.
- Perform any customization required on database views and queries to achieve reporting and integration tasks in the most standard way.
- Guide and maintain the integration framework of Moodle with the university virtual classroom platform.
- Use Moodle Analytics built-in tools for tracking student learning progress, providing engagement insights, finding student at risk of dropping out in addition to other prediction analysis related to student progression and retention.
- Cooperate with the data analytics team to provide source data required to feed the university data warehouse for central analytical reporting and dashboards.
- Provide built-in reports and develop/customize new reports as requested.
- Perform system updates and release upgrades as recommended by Moodle e-learning industry.
- Ensure best practices for LMS files and course data backup in addition to log management and cron job scheduling.
- Coordinate with the LMS infrastructure management team activities or changes related to system architecture, testing environment, migration, disaster recovery and system technology upgrade, etc.
- Prepare and update user guides required by different types of business users in addition to the standard system administration documentation.
- Provide support for LMS expansion projects and integrations with third-party educational providers and academic
- Manage security roles and permissions and customize the workflows needed to support the university business processes.
- Train faculty and administration staff on the various functions and operations of the LMS system.
- Assist in the development of surveys and other feedback mechanisms and report data and findings to key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of computer science, MIS, Educational Technology, Instructional Desig or related degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 3-year experience in creating and managing Moodle-based LMS environment in an academic institute, with focus on process analysis, management of data electronically, learning principles, online assessments, surveys and instructional design process.
- Experience in using publishing tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia, Captivate, Lectora, Articulate, etc is a plus.
- Good experience with operating systems, especially Linux and databases like MySQL, with the ability to write and customize SQL queries.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot and debug scripts and configuration to resolve errors.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to deal with a variety types of business users.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong presentation and training delivery skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts in understandable form.
- Excellent business writing and documentation skills.
- Effective organization, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiatives and proactive approach to improve work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork spirit, while taking responsibility.
- Working effectively under pressure.
Interested candidates can send in their letter of application together with a CV and copies of academic and other credentials no later than
24 April 2021 to: