AOU applicants are:
- Holders of the Lebanese official secondary certificate (Lebanese Baccalaureate) or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Certificate (BT3), on condition that such students enroll in the field of
specialization relevant to the technical track as determined by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education.
Students applying to AOU must submit an official application form at the Student Affairs office and attach the following documents:
- Certified copy of the Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent.
- Copy of the Individual Information Record, copy of the Identity Card or copy of the Passport.
- Three (3) recent passport size, colored photos.
- Application fee of $60.
For non-Lebanese students, additional documents are required:
- Residency Permit (if applicable).
- Residency Certificate (issued by the mayor)
- Employment Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of funding
- Equivalence of the Lebanese Baccalaureate by the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education.
All students are required to sit for an English placement test.
Students applying to join the Information Technology and Computing Programme are required to sit for an additional math test and students applying for the Elementary Education programme are required to sit for an Arabic placement test.
The test results do not affect admission decision, but help place the student at the appropriate language and computer level.
Registration and placement tests fees
On the date of the placement test, students should pay the following amounts:
- A registration fee of 90 USD
- English placement test fee of 20 USD for all students
- Arabic placement test fee of 20 USD for students majoring in Education & for non holder for Lebanese official secondary certificate(Lebanese Baccalaureate)
- Math placement test fee of 20 USD for students majoring in ITC
Owing to the financial support of the Arab Gulf Fund (AGFUND), the cost of one credit hour does not exceed $70.Packages are priced separately.
Flexible Tutorial Schedule
Tutorials are available 6 days per week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. Students have the choice to select the tutorials that suit them. They can organize their tutorial sessions into 1 or 2 days per week.