The Financial Affairs Department at HQ has several key roles. The most important one is the consistent application of the financial policies and procedures adopted in the AOU financial system. Its key roles as follows:
- Cash management at all AOU branches.
- Prepare, review and analyze the consolidated financial reports of the University as a whole and compare them with the approved budget.
- Preparation and review of the consolidated budget of the Arab Open University.
- Engagement with the external auditor in annual financial closures for all AOU branches.
- Engagement with the external auditor to check the one-third of annual for all AOU branches.
- Supervision of updating the financial system with new data to assure proper functioning.
- Recording, delivering, and maintaining all tasks of the financial department and its units.
- Working on developing and rationalizing the work-environment.