Service. Safety. Success.
Operation and Maintenance is responsible for the overall physical development and maintenance of the campus. It's is an ultimate department, making sure that a workplace meets the needs of Students and employees by managing all the required services. Trained O&M department staff are responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of AOU. They are making sure that AOU has the most suitable working environment for its students and their activities.
The O&M Control Center (OCC) is staffed 24 hours per day, seven days per week. It is the point of contact between the campus community and the O&M Management department. It's responsible for taking trouble calls and dispatching the appropriate personnel to take care of problems.
Operation and Maintenance is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings. Likely areas of responsibility include:
- building and grounds maintenance;
- health and safety;
- projects contracts management;
- space management;
- utilities infrastructure.
To plan for and provide a physical and operational environment that
supports the AOU's mission of education.
To be a progressive department focused on serving students and improving the management of university resources.
We value our campus community, our employees and our institutional heritage. We achieve organizational excellence through the following core values:
- A safe environment
- An engaging workplace
- Staff development
- Teamwork and partnership
- Integrity and accountability
- Open and respectful communication
- An inclusive community
- Quality, competitive, value-added services
- Innovation and continuous improvement
- Environmental sustainability
- Improving service quality
- Smoother operation &maintenance Planning
- Develop all mechanisms to maintain facilities and services
- Rationalize service and maintenance expenses
- Quick and Free Ways to Improve Maintenance and Operational Performance
- Reduce Equipment Maintenance Costs and Improve Reliability
- Proactively making efforts to create a healthy, safe and attractive workplace Environment